Your first visit to our practice establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information and give you time to get to know our staff. To understand what to expect from your first visit to our practice, please read through this page.
Our friendly staff at Burwood Diamond Dental is dedicated to caring for you and your entire family’s oral health and well-being. We take the time to create a personalized treatment for each patient and we offer a wide range of services. It is our goal to make your visit with us an extremely pleasant one and to send you home with a beautiful and healthy smile.
What to Expect at Your First Visit
Your first visit to our office is designed to get you better acquainted with all we offer as well as introduce you to our caring staff.When you come for your first visit please bring your:
- Private health fund card if you have one
- Medicare card and letter from Centrelink if your child is eligible for the Child Dental Benefit Scheme
- DVA card
Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time to reduce anxiety levels and to fully utilise your time of consultation or treatment options better.
You will be greeted by our friendly reception staff that will introduce themselves to you and ask you to complete a personal details form which includes information such as name, address, phone numbers and email, allergies and medical history.
Once this is complete you will meet one of our friendly dentists for your first consultation with us. This may involve:
- Taking extraoral/intraoral pictures and/or x-rays to make better treatment options and decisions
- A detailed estimate of costs and time frames
- Further treatment plan and relevant brochures so you can go through them at your convenience
Nothing will be imposed on you and we will always respect your judgement and decision while we are happy to provide you with your options.
If you would like to learn more about your treatment options given or costings we are happy to provide you with a follow-up appointment to discuss with you or your care-giver to help you make an informed decision.
We also offer:
- A HICAPS facility for on the spot Health Fund Claims
- Credit card and EFTPOS facilities
- After Pay